Obligatory Unspecific Details About Myself Section

My photo
I'm 34. I have one husband, one tiny human, one giant dog, a crazy group of friends, and a whole lotta time on my hands.

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Bruschetta Bout It Burger

Burgerphiles! Hi! BURGER 20!!!!!!

On Friday, Husband and I drew the burger from our Burger Roulette bowl, and I was...I was pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't jump straight to normal, but it's definitely one of the less weirdo sounding burgers we've tried. It doesn't have ketchup...but if you'd like to Ketchup, you can click here:

First Ten, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

On to burger #20.

It's beef. Topped with homemade bruschetta topping (some nice Roma tomatoes, garlic, basil, (I hate basil) olive oil, Balsamic vinegar (I used to hate it, I tolerate it now). I've already made it up and it's resting in the fridge, getting some flavor all up in it. Yeah.

Getting some flavor all up in it.


But wait! Guys! The burger is topped with fresh mozzarella, melted and gooey and delicious, then the bruschetta topping (omg dead) and it's not placed on a bun. No no, that wouldn't be right. Instead, this beefy, cheesy, tomatoey thing is placed on delicate toasted French bread. I would think Italian would be a better choice here, but who am I? No one.

Basically, what we're talking about here is a fancy ass steak sandwich and let me tell you what...I'm here for it. Are you jealous? It's okay, burger envy happens to everyone. I would be jealous if I were you, but I'm not so muhahahahaha. (We should keep in mind, however, that I have written this part up before actually tasting anything and I might be eating my words in a little while. Karma.)


Burgers:

Mine and my sassy little container.


Husband's


Mine plus Gatsby who totally wants some.



Seriously guys, can I have some?

Don't worry, we made Gatsby a small burger with some fresh mozzarella melted on top. He's not spoiled. Not him. Must be another Gatsby.

Our thoughts:

Husband: Very fresh and light. Mozzarella dripping over the burger. Fresh summer tomatoes may make this a 10. Would make a great appetizer/slider.

9/10

Me: Guys! Omg! Karma didn't show up. These were pretty decent. There was a lot of basil, which...I mean it was fine. I would maybe add more garlic next time, but the tomatoes were sweet and the vinegar had a nice bite. The mozzarella was gooey and nutty and creamy. I would totally eat this again. You guys can totally be jealous again.

9/10


Tune in next week to see what sort of shenanigans we get into. Until then...Keep Sizzlin'.


L xo

1 comment:

  1. I am sòoooooooo jealous. I want to try this burger for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Comments/Questions: