Obligatory Unspecific Details About Myself Section

My photo
I'm 34. I have one husband, one tiny human, one giant dog, a crazy group of friends, and a whole lotta time on my hands.

Monday, January 16, 2017

Foot Feta-ish Burger/ Never Been Feta



Louise is a scamp
Welcome back readers! Today's burger promises to be delicious, but time will tell. I hope you'll forgive the delay in Burger Roulette, yesterday we attended the first birthday of a special little guy. Since this is sort of a food blog, I hope you'll permit a tiny deviation from burgers to this:

Filet, potatoes, broccoli, and mushroom risotto.

This was the birthday dinner, although the birthday boy had something different, as well...he's 1. Lots of people participated in the making of this dinner, but I was made responsible for the mushroom risotto, which turned out perfectly. *brag*



On to Burger Roulette:
If you need to Ketchup, do it here: The First Ten, 11, 12, 13, 14.

This weeks burger is beef which is a delight. It is stuffed and topped with fresh feta cheese (obtained from the previously mentioned Gucci Kroger). There is a condiment this time, which I'm stoked about because there aren't many. This condiment is mustard, mayo and a dash of Sriracha. All of this is served on a toasted ciabatta roll, with arugula.

While Husband mixed the burger with the feta and got it going on the stove, I mixed up the condiment. A lot of mustard, a little mayo, and a dollop of Sriracha later and I was done, but it was several minutes before the burgers were, so I cut open the ciabatta rolls and got them toasting. All said and done it was one of the easier burgers we've made.

Husbands with some half melted feta all up in it.
I put extra sauce on my bottom bun, because I like mustard!

Our thoughts:

Husband: I was expecting the feta to be the strong notes of this burger, but instead the mustard overpowered the feta. The ciabatta bun was a nice touch.

6/10 (Editors note: He doesn't like mustard)

Me: I can't disagree with Husband that the mustard was super overpowering. We would have needed to coat everything in feta in order to taste it, although maybe it helped cut through the mustard a bit. The Sriracha added a little zip, and as per usual the arugula was pretty much useless. It just wilted under the burger until it was slimy, which led to me pulling most of it off. The ciabatta roll was good, it didn't get soggy. While Husband thought the burgers were overdone, I like them that way (put your pitchforks down), as the feta that was mixed in made for a sort of nice caramelization.

8.5/10 

I clearly liked it more than Husband, but then again, I don't mind mustard. I used to have to hide it in his sandwiches when I made him lunch. He didn't mind a nice thin coat, but there was no way to thin coat this. Better luck next time for him. Gatsby was into it:

We made him a burger without bun or condiment to try because he was a good boy at the vet.


Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment, or sign up for an e-mail when I post. Check back next week, for burger 16, until then...Keep Sizzlin'.

L xo







1 comment:

Comments/Questions: