Normally I post links to ALL THE POSTS, but since we hit 10 burgers I created a master post. Ketchup here: CLICKY CLICK
This burger's title is a literary reference to William Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury, which this book lover absolutely loves. However, this book lover is hesitant about the burger itself. It's a beef patty (you could use lamb or turkey the book says but the recipe said beef so that's what we went with. Also we had it in the house.) The patty is topped with a coconut curry and topped with green onions (we could not find scallions, thank you Middle of Nowhereville) and placed on a toasted potato bun.
I like coconut to a certain degree, although the texture of shredded coconut turns me off, so I tend to just avoid coconut altogether. This recipe doesn't call for shredded coconut, instead it calls for coconut oil (hey, I like coconut oil and we have some) and coconut milk (I've never had it but okay.) The rest of the ingredients I'm pretty familiar with: garlic, onion, curry powder, salt, ginger, cayenne, turmeric (why? it stains EVERYTHING), veggie stock, and sour cream (well the recipe said yogurt or sour cream, but we bought the sour cream because I will use that in other things (taco Tuesday) but I probably wouldn't use the yogurt).
The sad thing is I'm most excited that this burger doesn't have a lettuce type thing that I will take two bites of and immediately peel off of my burger to leave languishing, pithy and alone on the side of my plate. I guess it's the small things in life...
On to the burger:
After the anarchy that was our last burger, in which every burner plus both ovens were in use and at one point the microwave and we were both running around like maniacs, this burger was a breeze.
Here's a tip when you've never used coconut milk. When you pour it...it's chunky like spoiled milk. 🙊 Initially, I was full of no. But, I continued on and I have pictures.
![]() |
| My Burger |
![]() |
| Husband's Burger |
![]() |
| Our burgers together. It's love. |
Husband: I liked the flavor a lot, very tasty. Good heat. Need to get the curry condiment thicker though.
8/10
He's a man of few words sometimes. Gets right to the point.
Me: I added slightly more cayenne powder than strictly necessary and that turned out to be a good idea. The flavor was good, nice kick but it wasn't all heat. The recipe was relatively simple, the ingredients were easy to get and the coconut wasn't strong which was great for me. I thought it was pretty well balanced over all and I wouldn't turn it down if it were offered to me again. Though, like husband said, I should have let it thicken more.
8.5/10
Our next burger will be a family affair as we have somehow roped our parents, a couple of siblings and a very interested friend into partaking in the special Holiday Burger Roulette edition of the game. Hopefully, we will not be disowned. Until then...Keep Sizzlin' and have a Happy Holiday!
L xo




No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments/Questions: