Obligatory Unspecific Details About Myself Section

My photo
I'm 34. I have one husband, one tiny human, one giant dog, a crazy group of friends, and a whole lotta time on my hands.

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Sympathy For The Deviled Egg

Burgerphiles! Welcome!

Burgers and the Super Bowl, what more could a person want? (Editors Note: Editor is not all that interested in the Super Bowl this year.)

I'm hoping to get this up before the game starts, but if all else fails...Welcome to Half-time! :-)

If you need to Ketchup, click these:
The First Ten Challenges,
11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17.

Number 18. Does this mean that Burger Roulette is an adult now? Can it vote?

This burger...guys... this burger... is freaking weird. It starts off totally normal, just an all-beef patty. So normal. But then...guys...GUYS! Then we have to add what essentially boils (ha) down to, egg salad. I've heard of putting a fried egg on a burger, I've not yet tried it, but I assume at some point this book will make us do that. But, guys....EGG SALAD!


My interpretation. An artist...I am not. (Don't judge)

Now, I enjoy a nice egg salad sandwich from time to time. I enjoy it on a croissant, or on potato bread. I've never even thought to put it on a burger, because who does that? Husband on the other hand is not a fan. When I extracted the page number from our Burger Roulette bowl and flipped to the page, dread fell over Husband's face. This man, who has so far shown excitement at even the weirdest of burgers said only one word. "Ew". Even the veggie burger (which we ended up not eating) was met initially with enthusiasm from him.

The only thing I tried to negotiate this week was that the egg salad recipe calls for juice from sweet pickles. I have no room in my life whatsoever for sweet pickles. If I want something sweet, I eat a cookie. I do put dill relish in my egg salad sometimes, but sweet? Nah. No. Ew. Husband, perhaps smarting from the realization that he was going to have to take at least two bites of egg salad burger, was adamant that I not change the juice from sweet to dill. So, I guess he and I are both not super thrilled.

The egg salad recipe was pretty straight forward, eggs, (obviously) mayo, spicy brown mustard, (nice break from lots of yellow mustard which Husband could do without) the aforementioned juice from sweet pickles (gherkin is a funny sounding word right?) also a dash or two of paprika.
Husbands burger.
My burger
Isn't it romantic. 






Our thoughts:

Husband: I was honestly very worried about the topping on this burger. Overall, it was pretty good, the texture was okay and the flavor was good, but not great. It had a strange smell. (Editors Note: He crossed it out on his little comment sheet, and it made me laugh so I put it back in.)

7/10

Me: I am a big fan of salt, it's always invited to my parties, and I thought I went a little too light on the salt in this burger. The sweet from the gherkin (snert) wasn't overpowering which was a nice surprise. The spicy brown mustard combined with the smokey paprika was super good. The egg mixture was an interesting texture, creamy and not all that noticeable really. I do think it would have benefited from a bit of onion. Over all, it wasn't that bad. I maybe wouldn't order it in a restaurant (mostly because who would offer it as an option) but it wasn't terrible. Maybe a little unremarkable.

7/10

We both kind of thought they weren't special but also not vile. That's sort of a win.

Tune in next week. Until then...Keep Sizzlin'

L xo

PS: Shameless: I made these banana cinnamon chip muffins this morning, and they are pretty. 

Bowchickabowwow


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions: