![]() |
| Husband and I |
![]() |
| We really should have charged them. |
So, we've managed to hoodwink our family into participating in Burger Roulette. Husband and I take such delight in this. Before we get into all that you can feel free to Ketchup here: The First 10 and 11.
This burger is appropriately winter/Christmas themed, at least the title is. There isn't any horse in it, nor is there holly, pine or peppermint which I'm sure everyone will be grateful for. In fact, this is a pretty standard burger, Husband and I are magnanimous, as we broke our Roulette rule in favor of choosing a burger. Although, we only looked at titles, not at ingredients.
It's beef. That's all we told those participating, because with Burger Roulette, it's not always beef. But, it's also homemade, from scratch coleslaw and if we can find it *fingers crossed* it's also got a jalapeno Havarti cheese on it (surprise! We couldn't! Instead we're using two cheeses to sort of make it similarly tasting.) It even calls for a specific bun, onion buns. I know right, going to be so good.
This is going to be a long post, I made up score cards for everyone! The game is on:
We are doing family Burger Roulette at my brother-in-laws house. So when I made up the coleslaw I needed an apron that would cover my cute Christmas owl sweater. My name is not Adam, but his kitchen is magical. He has gadgets and gismos a-plenty, he's got whosits and whatsits galore, you want thingamabobs? He's got 20. Look at this coleslaw, isn't it neat?
It turns out that asking nine people to take a game seriously...was maybe not my best idea. Here we go yo:
![]() |
| Say my name, say my name...wait, that's not my name. |
We are doing family Burger Roulette at my brother-in-laws house. So when I made up the coleslaw I needed an apron that would cover my cute Christmas owl sweater. My name is not Adam, but his kitchen is magical. He has gadgets and gismos a-plenty, he's got whosits and whatsits galore, you want thingamabobs? He's got 20. Look at this coleslaw, isn't it neat?
![]() |
| Whether or not it tastes good, it's pretty. |
![]() |
| Cheeseus. |
![]() |
| Made nine burgers, LOTS of pans were required! |
![]() |
| Are you kidding? Look at how pretty this is! |
![]() |
| An army of burgers |
![]() |
| Gatsby was full in! |
It turns out that asking nine people to take a game seriously...was maybe not my best idea. Here we go yo:
My father-in-law (FIL)... did not cooperate. He immediately put ketchup on his bun, prior to fulfilling the two bite rule. His thoughts:
Mike (Father In Law): Needed ketchup, then a 10.
10/10
Adam (Brother In Law): Bun soggy, too much liquid in coleslaw
8/10
Amy (Sister In Law): Bun was a little burnt. Burger a little burnt and dry and the seasoning wasn't even throughout. Too much pepper (editors note: I think she was tasting the spicy cheese, not actual pepper). Cheese was weak (editors note: See prior note). Coleslaw was good. (She also commented on the side dishes but we aren't ranking those so pbtttttt)
8/10
Debbie (Mother In Law): Very tasty burger! Had a little bit of a bite! Coleslaw was a nice tough!!! (editors note: I always knew I liked her)
10/10
Jerry (Dad): Not a fan of coleslaw but it didn't overpower the burger. Could add more heat to the burger. Overall, burger was on the dry side but in staying with the game didn't want to add any condiments, and the Amber Bock made it slide down easier. (editors note: lol).
7/10
Peggy (Mom): Very tasty burger, cheese was just the right heat on the burgers, with the cool coleslaw. Good burger.
8/10
Justin (BESTIE OMG YAAAS SLAY B*TCH): I thought the burger was actually really flavorful. The coleslaw could have been a little stronger in the flavour ( I like a strong coleslaw! 😃) but it worked well on a burger. I didn't even have to add any condiments, though it would've been good with some steak sauce. The cheese was a little hot for me, especially towards the end (I de-construct my sandwiches when they're almost finished) Regular/plain Havarti cheese would've been better for me. The onion rolls were fantastic. I'd say this was a great first experience with Burger Roulette! Great job!
8.5/10
Husband: Yum, one word, yum. Okay, so now that we have dealt with that, I was concerned that the slaw would be weird, but it was cooling, flavorful, crunchy. The cheese was a nice touch.
9/10
Me: So, onion buns are basically life. I could have happily ate nothing but the onion bun and been perfectly satisfied. I perhaps should have added a bit more something (salt, cayenne, celery salt, tears...) to the coleslaw. The burger itself was pretty good. My burger (because of a counting error) didn't have the spicy cheese on it, and honestly could have used a bit of heat. All in all, it wasn't a bad burger. But, people really need to follow rules. *grumpy face*
9/10
We ended up taking a burger to my Grandma as well as one to Justin's mom Pam. Which makes 11 burgers total. Maybe we are a burger restaurant.
Gram loved hers, although she didn't give me an official score.
Pam did though! Yay Pam. Thank you! : YUM!..I enjoyed it!..agree with Justin..steak sauce would taste good with all the other flavors!
8/10
Thanks to everyone for playing this week!!
My brother in law, for some reason had a sleigh. While we did not have a horse, we did have burgers thus:
![]() |
| Two burger, open slaw. |
Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday! Come back next week, when we are likely on our own again. Until then, Keep Sizzlin'!
L xo











No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments/Questions: