![]() |
| I couldn't if I triiiiiiied. |
This week promises to be interesting.
If you need to Ketchup on what we've been doing: 1-10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16.
Remember you can leave comments at the bottom, or hit me up on social media and say Hello, most of which are over there on the left. You can also subscribe to the blog also over on the left.
The burger this week is every kids nightmare, and also mine a little bit. A beef patty (totally normal) topped with steamed broccoli (NIGHTMARE), artichoke hearts, and roasted feta (omg feta, and we're gonna roast it? It's gonna be banging!), with a mustard/mayo condiment thing, and a sliced Roma tomato. I'm okay with all of this, in theory.
For those of you that don't know me personally, or are just joining the blog this week (HEYHEY) I am a texture eater. That is to say, if something has a texture that I deem unpleasant I don't particularly care for it, regardless of flavor. This is the reason I don't eat steak. It is also the reason that I don't care for broccoli, at least not the tree part. I eat the stems perfectly fine (which is the part that everyone else throws away, go figure) but the top part tickles the inside of my mouth and just really inks me out. Just. No. A few weeks ago at a birthday party, I ate roasted broccoli, as I didn't want to seem rude by only eating the stems, so I muddled through. I can muddle through. I can do this! I can eat the tree part of the broccoli! 😢😢😢!!!!
Here we go:
![]() |
| So colorful! |
![]() |
| Green, red, yellow POP! |
![]() |
| I gave our burgers a nice romantic glow. |
Our thoughts:
Husband: A colorful and tasty burger. Good flavor combination and nice snap from the broccoli.
8/10
Me: Not a bad burger, but not overly memorable. I think that the mustard added a nice zip, the tomato added a bit of brightness, the roasted feta made it nutty. As much as I am weirded out by broccoli, it wasn't that bad flavor wise. I did spend a good portion of the burger thinking I had a hair in my mouth because of the weird tickling that broccoli has, that was slightly off-putting.
7/10
(Editors note: Would have been higher but for the off-putting mouth tickle. Yes I'm weird.)
![]() |
| Gatsby didn't seem to mind the idea of tickling broccoli. |
Tune in next week for more burger shenanigans. Until then...Keep Sizzlin'.






This is a very unusual burger. I might try it. You roasted the broccoli correct? Did I read that right?
ReplyDeleteIt was steamed and then tossed into a frying pan with the chopped artichoke hearts for a few minutes.
ReplyDelete