Ketchup on our past Roulette challenges here: The First Ten, 11, 12, 13.
Remember to sign up for e-mails when I post, at the left <=. Feel free to comment, or G+ or however you do you.
I asked Husband to pick a burger from our Roulette bowl, which is a bowl that contains nothing but page numbers. From the kitchen, I heard a delighted exclamation, and I groaned. He strolled into the living room, proud as a peacock, grinning from ear to ear and presented me with the Burger Book.
![]() |
| Will I become a dragon? |
Bleu Is The Warmest Color...starring bleu cheese. 🙁🙁
This is your basic burger:
Beef, mixed with homemade buffalo sauce and finely chopped celery (what? why is this happening?)
It is then placed on a bed of green leaf lettuce (GLL), on a sesame seed (I love sesame seeds) bun (which will probably get soggy, because two sauces...).
Covered in a bleu cheese sauce, and because bleu cheese needs something to prop it up, more buffalo sauce.
Then the top bun goes on, and presto, Burger City, population 2.
The good thing is that I've discovered a reasonable affection for a bit of spice in my burger, so the buffalo sauce should go over well. The bad thing is we're welcoming my old foe, lettuce, back into the fold. I love salads. But, I have no room in my life for GLL on my burgers. It's basically a stalk of celery with wibbly wings.
Here we go:
After negotiation, Husband allowed me to change the format of my GLL, so I cut it up into ribbons, which did make it better, btw. Mine:
![]() |
| Bow chicka bow wow |
Husband's:
![]() |
| Oh yeah, look at that. Rawr. |
Husband:
It was really good. I was so looking forward to something with bleu cheese and this did not disappoint. I was skeptical about the celery, but it was good and added a nice crunch to contrast the sauces.
9/10
Me:
The sauces, as I suspected did make the bottom bun a little soggy, since it dribbled down the side of the burger. The buffalo sauce was good and spicy enough that I barely noticed the bleu cheese sauce at all. That was good for me, as I'm not a huge fan of moldy cheese, no matter which way you slice it.
8/10
Overall, it was not the worst burger we've had, nor was it the best we've had. I would maybe consider ordering or making something similar in the future. Though, if I made it again I would probably put the buffalo sauce on the burgers while they were cooking away, rather than drizzle it on top. Also, I miiiight consider adding some super crispy bacon crumbles to the top. Oh yeah, now we're talking.
Anyway, tune in next week for our next round of Bob's Burgers Burger Book Burger Roulette, until then... Keep Sizzlin'.
L xo




Yup. We love bleu cheese. We will definitely try this one.
ReplyDelete