If you need to Ketchup on our burger shenanigans, you can do so here: Life, Interrupted. There are links to burgers 1-18 there. Don't forget you can leave comments here or on my social media sites. You can also subscribe to the blog, over there on the left.
This brings us to burger 19. Winter Muensterland. Winter seems almost hilarious, as we have had nothing but beautiful spring weather for the last few days, but since we picked this burger last week before I decided I still couldn't taste anything, we thought we'd better stick with it.
This burger seems unlikely to make me hork, which is a good thing. It's beef (always a good start) salted, peppered with finely chopped scallions (we couldn't find those so we got green onions) folded right into the burger mixture. Muenster cheese (I've never had it, though Husband enjoys it) is melted over the burgers.
The part that makes me cringe is the lemon/yogurt/sour cream sauce. I like sour cream. I like lemon. I like yogurt. I even like lemon yogurt. The idea of putting lemon yogurt on my burger makes me wince. You might know by now that I don't particularly care for things like apples or lemons on savory things. I've toughed it out a few times, and it's not turned out too badly, so we will see how it goes.
Now we build the burger. Bun, spring salad mix (ha, that's hilarious), cheeseburger, the lemon yogurt sauce, top bun. To go along with the burgers the book suggests a side dish of steamed snow peas, with the lemon yogurt drizzled over it.
On with the game:
![]() |
| Mine |
![]() |
| Husband |
![]() |
| Gatsby is on board! |
Our thoughts:
Husband: Very tasty. Everything works well together. The onion in the patty give the burger such flavor. The muenster is very melty and gooey and great on top and oddly enough the lemon yogurt sauce works.
9/10
Me: I generally agree with Husband. The green onions all up in the patty were fantastic and I fully intend to add that to burgers in the future...along with the delicious nutty muenster that worked really well. The cheese was mild, the onions were awesome, the sauce was inoffensive. I thought maybe a spicy sauce or just more of a kick would have been baller, instead of the lemon yogurt, but it went down pretty well. I enjoyed the burger so much that I didn't immediately take two bites and peel off the greens. Yay me. As for the snow peas... It turns out that I don't much care for peas in the pods, nor did I enjoy the lemon yogurt sauce on top of them. I found some at the bottom of the stack without sauce, and just pushed the peas out.
8/10
Come back next week for another exciting edition of Bob's Burgers Burger Roulette. Until then...Keep Sizzlin'.
L xo




No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments/Questions: