Obligatory Unspecific Details About Myself Section

My photo
I'm 34. I have one husband, one tiny human, one giant dog, a crazy group of friends, and a whole lotta time on my hands.

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Sweet Home Avocado

Burgerphiles--

Guys! My father-in-law is out of the hospital and doing well! Let's resume Burger Roulette with gusto!

In case you need to Ketchup, click here: First Twenty!!! CLICK ALL THE LINKS!

When we got home yesterday, we drew our mystery burger. I gave a cheer, Husband groaned. While I spend most of my time being weird about food, Husband is generally okay with most things. One of the exceptions to this is avocado. He just can not with avocado, meanwhile I sprinkle a bit of salt all up on it and eat it with a fork. Sometimes I wonder how on Earth we found one another.

We examined the recipe carefully and went shopping. The burger is beef and there are raw avocado slices on it (yay!!!). Also fresh sweet onions, peppers (green and orange), and Roma tomatoes. I bet you're wondering what the catch is.

CATCH: The beef is marinated in a mixture of lime juice, honey and salt. The left over marinade is then spooned over the fresh veg, avocado and the burger once the burger is cooked. Also because this isn't weird enough, it calls for STEVIA leaves as an option because WHY?!?!, but we couldn't find any so we lucked out of that particular thing.

My exact expressions: Beef πŸ˜ƒ, avocado 😍, veggies 😁, Stevia leaves 😩, lime/honey/salt 😬😞😣😧. Clearly there are many feelings. Many many feelings. I wish I had added in a nice veto to this game.

I would veto it so hard.
So, first off whilst cooking this burger the smell was...not good. Seriously, just no. Buuuuut...well...just take a gander at the photos then read:


Husband's colorful burger
My colorful burger
Gatsby is definitely curious.



Our thoughts:

Husband: Well, I ate avocado, my wrinkly arch nemesis (Editors Note: I did actually try to make it a good avocado experience for him. I dashed just a bit of salt on it to bring out the flavor a bit, which I think helped.). This is oddly not the worst burger we have drawn. It was very sweet, but contrasted against the peppers and onions, it overall was not horrible. Points for being creative!


7/10

Me: Guys. TWIST ENDING!!! I... So...it was actually kind of good. It was sweet, like almost too sweet. The lime marinade actually made the burger delightfully tender and the honey made it all caramelize all deliciously and stuff. I will say that I think if you added like just a touch of hot pepper, something in the jalapeno/habanero range this burger would be like...so good. Like just...the best. I think Stevia leaves probably would have pushed it over into cloyingly sweet and made it sort of inedible, so I'm glad we live in the middle of nowhere and were unable to locate it. 


8/10


(would have been a 9 if we'd been permitted to add HOT pepper of some kind)


Tune in next week for the next round of Burger Roulette, until then Keep Sizzlin'!

L xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions: