Obligatory Unspecific Details About Myself Section

My photo
I'm 34. I have one husband, one tiny human, one giant dog, a crazy group of friends, and a whole lotta time on my hands.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Hit Me With Your Best Shallot

Hello Burgerphiles!

Thank you for your patience with regards to the belated game. My father-in-law is home and doing well after his open-heart surgery, so we are immensely grateful for that.

If you need to Ketchup on Burger Roulette: First Ten, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15. Also, we've already done 15...but also we've only done 15. 🤣

Is arugula necessary?

This weeks burger seems super interesting. It's a beef patty, seasoned with salt, pepper and thyme. The bun is supposed to be a toasted French roll, which we couldn't locate so we got as close as possible. The condiment is Chèvre cheese mixed with rosemary, sage and thyme and spread on the buns. The shallots are slivered and cooked in butter and red wine vinegar. This burger promises to be absolutely delicious and I'm looking forward to trying it.

So I pretty much handled the burgers myself this week, as Husband was at work. This meant that if they were awful or under seasoned it was going to be my fault. Luckily, I'm awesome. *brag*

OMG look at it!
Yaaaaaas!
Two is better than one!


Our thoughts:

Husband: Okay, I have been holding out for that number 10. This burger was close, very close. This burger was great, the smooth Chèvre cheese went great with the shallots and the arugula was mildly bitter (Editors note: So was the editor, about the addition of the arugula), but perfect with the shallots. 

9.5/10


Me: Holy balls. Yaaas slay. Okay, I'm calm. I loved this burger. The flavor was good. The textures were baller. The only thing that I just can not with, is the arugula. I continue to try the greenery on my burgers, and I continue to not find any use for it. I love arugula in a salad though! This burger was sweet (shallots), tangy (red wine vinegar), creamy and salty (Chèvre), and herby (um...the herbs.) It was like a perfect storm of textures and flavors. Chèvre and caramelized shallots are my new favorite combination for burgers. Make a note!

9.5/10

Also, I made some pretty awesome potato wedges to go with it: Parmesan cheese, garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper and some of the leftover herbs from the burgers. 

Gatsby was all in!
 

We return to our regularly scheduled programming for the next burger. Expect a post Sunday or Monday (unless something happens), until then... Keep Sizzlin'!


L xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions: