Before we get started... REMINDER. Over to the left you will find ways to connect with the blog, or me. You can subscribe to the blog, find me on Twitter or Instagram and G+. Feel free to comment, like or + any of the posts. You will also find a Master Post which I update weekly of all of our past Burger Roulettes.
⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦
![]() |
| Big Corn |
This burger is ground beef. Ground beef patties seasoned with taco seasoning and topped with queso fresco (omg it's going to be soooo melty). Along with the cheese, we're making homemade corn salsa with corn, fresh tomatoes and an onion. The burgers are simple, yet hopefully packed full of flavor, I, for one, CAN NOT WAIT!
The fly in the ointment is that there is a 'lettuce' on this burger, in the form of arugula. I imagine that the arugula will probably be coming off of my burger after the requisite two bites. So it's cheesy, taco burger, arugula and corn salsa! So simple. So easy.
We let our guests, BIL and SIL (Husband's siblings) get settled in and then launched off on our Burger Roulette adventure. The burgers came together really well and really quickly, although the addition of two extra burgers did cause a bit of havoc, not nearly as much as when we did the Christmas burger and ended up making ten extra burgers.
Burgers as follow: BIL, Husband, SIL, L:
Our Thoughts:
![]() |
| Not to be corny... |
We let our guests, BIL and SIL (Husband's siblings) get settled in and then launched off on our Burger Roulette adventure. The burgers came together really well and really quickly, although the addition of two extra burgers did cause a bit of havoc, not nearly as much as when we did the Christmas burger and ended up making ten extra burgers.
Burgers as follow: BIL, Husband, SIL, L:
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
Our Thoughts:
BIL: The burger was okay, but all I could really taste was the taco seasoning.
4/10 (Editors Note: He's a tough critic)
Husband: Crisp, fresh and very tasty. Almost hit that 10 but I am holding out for that "wow" burger.
9.5/10
SIL: The taco seasoning was over powering and the first few bites were a little salty.
7/10
Me: I liked this burger. The corn salsa was really good, even on tortilla chips! The burger was very full of taco seasoning, which was good, but I maybe would have preferred a bit more heat.
The addition of some hot sauce to the burger or maybe some fresh jalapeño to the salsa would have been baller.
I also think this would have been a cool burger to put into a pita pocket, which would allow for more corn salsa and less chasing of that corn salsa.
To avoid the taco seasoning debacle you could add the taco seasoning to sour cream or crème fraîche and used that as a condiment with the corn salsa.
8.5/10
Overall, this was a good burger. A couple of tweaks and I would have made this a solid ten.
Fun times ahead this weekend, hence the early Burger Roulette!
Fun times ahead this weekend, hence the early Burger Roulette!
Tune in next week for another exciting adventure, until then...Keep Sizzlin'.
L xo
![]() |
| Fiesta! |
![]() |
| Selfie Break |









No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments/Questions: