Obligatory Unspecific Details About Myself Section

My photo
I'm 34. I have one husband, one tiny human, one giant dog, a crazy group of friends, and a whole lotta time on my hands.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Onion- Tended Consequences

Hello Old Things,

I couldn't be more excited about this burger, but first some clean up.

Please taken note of the left side of the screen (Unless you're on mobile because I don't know where this stuff is on there).


⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦

You will find: 1. A Master post containing the links for all our past burgers B. An e-mail sign up for the blog. 3. Links to my various social media. Please feel free to leave messages, like or comment on any of those, we love hearing from everyone.

As I read the ingredients for this particular burger, my first thought was 'This burger would be served every day in my friend Kenzie's (Hi Kenzie!) version of Hell.' She loathes onions, most especially caramelized onions (which, I can't even. I nearly told her we could no longer be friends over that conversation.) However, I have such unbelievably high hopes for this burger, I'm practically giddy.

No tears. Only deliciousness.



It's beef, spiced with Italian seasoning (thyme, oregano, rosemary, and marjoram.) You top that deliciousness with caramelized onions and chèvre cheese, on an onion roll.

Heavy Breathing
Of course, it couldn't possibly be perfect. There is...spring salad mix on it. You should all know by know that lettuce on a burger is not a thing I enjoy, but I'm willing to tough it out on this one. Or more likely, take the requisite 2 bites and then pick all of the lettuce off and live in onion Heaven.

On to the burgers!

Mine
Husband

Our thoughts:

Husband: It was a good burger, but I think I was expecting more from it. The burger had good flavor, the cheese was nice and smooth, but there wasn't anything that popped.

8/10



Me: This burger itself had a great flavor, with the Italian seasoning mixed in. The onions on top added a sweet, nuttiness that was so delicious, and the chèvre cheese offered both a sharpness and a creaminess that added to the layers of flavor. I did eventually pick off my lettuce, but between the onions, the bun, the flavor of the beef and the cheese, it wasn't that bad.

9.5/10


Tune in next week for our next installment. Until then...Keep Sizzlin'!

Too bad Gatsby can't have onions. Sad bernard.

To all of the various forms of mother's out there celebrating today, Happy Mother's Day!


L xo

Update: My friend Kenzie's reaction was...as expected. Lol. Luckily, she didn't have to eat it.

How am I friends with this person? lol



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions: