Obligatory Unspecific Details About Myself Section

My photo
I'm 34. I have one husband, one tiny human, one giant dog, a crazy group of friends, and a whole lotta time on my hands.

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Free To Brie You And Me

Welcome back to Burger Roulette, with your hosts L and Husband.

Quick bit of business: If you need to Ketchup on past blog posts, there is now a permanently pinned FEATURED POST which is the Master list and will be updated regularly. Yay me. Also don't forget that also to the left <~~~ You can sign up to be on the e-mail list (which I have no idea if you do or not, I don't send those e-mails), you can follow me on Twitter or Instagram, and G+. Feel free to like, comment, or + me on any of those mediums, or right here on the blog.

This week we've got a burger inspired by those lovable weirdos, Andy and Ollie:

Frolicking on brie.


Presumably, the star of this burger will in fact be the brie. Full disclosure, I've never eaten brie. I don't have anything against it, per se, but when other options are presented to me, I just don't choose it. As there were no other options, not without garnering serious HUSBAND FACE, we purchased a wheel of brie. A small wheel, but a wheel nonetheless.

Right, so brie. What else? Beef...seasoned with Worcestershire sauce. I like both of those things. A yellow onion....caramelized...oh yes! So far so yummy. The aforementioned brie (that will have to wait for an opinion) and...sliced...sweet...gherkins. Why? Why are sweet pickles even a thing? After yet another argument with Husband (sweets are called for!) and myself (but they are Satan's pickle!) we collectively decided (he told me) that we would use the sweet pickles. We've used them before, but not sliced, they were mixed in with other flavors. 

So this burger seems like we've got a better than 50/50 shot of liking it. Also as we've learned in the past, sometimes when L throws the biggest fit, is when she enjoys the burger most. (Pouty face).


On to the burger:

Together
Mine
Husbands

Our Thoughts:

Husband: The sweet gherkins stick out of the flavor pallet every once in awhile, but the composite is pretty good. The Brie gives a nice smooth nutty flavor on top of the caramelized onions.

9/10

Me: I gave it four bites before I pulled the surgary sweet pickles right off of the burger. The brie was creamy and the caramelized onions yaaaaaaaas. The burger patty itself was good, the Worcestershire gave it a lot of punch. I'm giving it two scores:

5/10- With the pickles 8/10-Without the pickles.

I actually would have probably rated it higher than 8 had I not tasted the remnants of the sweet pickles. I suppose I've learned that sweet pickles are just not my bag.

I know I promised special guests last week, but there was a scheduling technicality. (I goofed up which day was which) but I'm sure we will have a guest or two soon.

Tune in next week to see what we get up to...Until then...Keep Sizzlin'!

Gatsby wanted mine, but he got his own. Minus everything but the burger patty.


L xo







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions: