Before we get to the burger... Just a quick reminder that to left (to left, to left) you will find a permanent link to the master post of what we've done so far. You will also find Twitter and Instagram links, and a little thing for Google Plus. Feel free to follow, like, heart, +, or comment on any of the posts, or you can do so right here on the blog.
⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅⬅
We draw the page number of the burger of the week, usually on either Thursday or Friday. This week, it was Husband's turn to draw. I heard the ruffle of the page numbers in the bowl. I heard the book being picked up and flipped through. I heard maniacal laughter. I had a fear deep down inside. Husband strolled into the living room where I was and dramatically handed me the Bob's Burgers Burger Book.
![]() |
| Dancing condiments will never make up for this. |
Burger ingredients: papaya, mango, avocado, red onion, cayenne pepper, orange juice, mint leaves, cilantro, Sriracha. *RECORD SCRATCH* Did that say papaya, mango, orange juice, and mint? On a burger? Mint? Orange juice? Papaya? Mango? WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING RIGHT NOW! I can almost hear my mom and dad gagging as they read this. (Hey guys, glad you aren't visiting this weekend, aren't you?)
What is happening, to answer your early question, is an all beef burger, mixed with Sriracha, seasoned with salt and pepper, cooked and then topped with a salsa made of papaya, mango, avocado, red onion, cayenne pepper, orange juice, mint leaves, and cilantro. You heard me. I keep repeating the ingredients hoping they will either disappear or start to make sense. Miranda Hart (if you don't know her, she is a fantastic British comedian) and I share a hatred of 'fruit out of context'. Papaya, mango, orange juice and mint on a burger are absolutely ABSOLUTELY fruit (and also herb) out of context.
Allegedly, ALLEGEDLY, this burger is spicy, which I suppose is true enough. Cayenne and Sriracha will hopefully take some of the sweetness out of the situation and maybe put the fruit into some sort of context. I have a serious case of Advanced NOPE-itis, at the moment. But, as I'm complaining so much, it will probably turn out to be my favorite burger...and I will hate myself for it.
![]() |
| Basically, me right now. |
Well. We. Did. It. We started out by making the salsa, which actually was more me making the salsa and Husband telling me that I was cutting things incorrectly (I wasn't).
![]() |
| Papaya mango salsa |
Then we cooked up the burgers and I took out of focus pictures of them. Sorry about the pictures, this time guys. Promise I'll do better next week.
![]() |
| Mine (Also that orange flower is an orange cardamom sugar cookie that I made) |
![]() |
| Husbands |
Our thoughts:
Husband: The last two burgers were pretty tame, and this burger comes along with papaya and mango salsa. If it wasn't for the cayenne and Sriracha bringing some heat, I think it would be too sweet. Very unique.
7/10
Me: Well....This was absolutely spicy. The salsa had this sweet heat, with the sharpness of the onion and the creaminess of the avocado it worked pretty well together. The mint, which I was terrified of, wasn't all that noticeable. True to form after my first two bites, the lettuce came off the burger. This burger ranked pretty high for me, higher than for Husband. I am considering changing one of my Texas Chainsaw Massa-Curd rating to a ten because of this. This wasn't my favorite burger, but it was...kind of up there.
9/10
I didn't mind the sweetness too much (despite the sweet coming from fruit out of context), because I apparently really like spice in a burger. I had low expectations here which I think actually helped a little bit.
Tune in next week to see what shenanigans we get into. Until then...Keep Sizzlin'.
L xo
![]() |
| Gatsby likes papaya and mango...apparently. |







No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments/Questions: