Obligatory Unspecific Details About Myself Section

My photo
I'm 34. I have one husband, one tiny human, one giant dog, a crazy group of friends, and a whole lotta time on my hands.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Sit and Spinach

Hello Burgerphiles--

Welcome back! Don't forget that if you need to Ketchup, there is now a master post, updated weekly and pinned to the left side of the blog. 

⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦

Also on the left, you will find ways to contact me via social media, or to subscribe to an e-mail when I post an update. Don't hesitate to comment, like or + any of the posts. We love feed back. 

Let's eat!


You spin me right 'round, baby right 'round. 





Burger Roulette is coming at you one day earlier because of the holiday tomorrow. We are planning to have salmon tomorrow (It's kind of a first for me), so today was burger day.

This weeks burger has some interesting concepts. First we start with fresh garlic, we chop up some spinach and toss it into the pan with the garlic until it's wilted and delicious. 

Pre-wilt



Once it's cooled, you mix some of the spinach into the beef. This next part is interesting, you mix lemon juice and red wine vinegar together and throw it into the hot pan, before putting the burgers in to cook away. At the end you melt some mozzarella cheese all up on it. Pretty simple. We had pretty high hopes for big flavor.


On to the burger:

Mine
Husband
So happy together

Our thoughts:

Husband: This may be the most tender burger I have ever cooked. It must be the combination of vinegar and spinach mixed into the burger. The tomato is a nice touch. It's a very mild flavored burger with the garlic have a nice undertone.

9.5/10

Me: Husband couldn't stop raving about the burger, I wasn't raving. It had good flavor, there weren't a ton of things fighting to be the star. The garlic wound nicely through it and the spinach was interesting. It was very tender, the mozzarella was creamy and nutty, it was also very tall. The tomato added a really nice freshness, I would have maybe enjoyed a sharp onion to go along with it, but Husband was adamantly against the idea. Overall, it wasn't too bad. It wasn't my favorite, but I definitely liked it. 

8.5/10

Gatsby wants. 


We hope you all have a wonderful Easter (for those that celebrate the holiday).

Tune in next week for our next exciting installment, until then...Keep Sizzlin'.

L xo





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions: