This weeks burger has lots of promise. Before we get to the new burger:
Quick reminder that there is now a pinned FEATURED POST over on the left, which is updated weekly so you may Ketchup more easily. Also over on the left, you can sign up for e-mails when I post and you can see my social media posts. Feel free to leave comments, likes or + as I love hearing from everyone.
On to the burger:
On the surface, this burger seems like it will have a lot of good flavor. It's beef mixed with brown mustard (gonna have a tiny kick), topped with a garlic, mushroom, Roma tomato topping, both Swiss and Jarlsberg cheeses, brown gravy and the return of lettuce (beh).
All of these things individually I enjoy, apart from the lettuce although I even like the lettuce as long as it's not on a burger. After a good run of sweet burgers, this one appears like it will be savory and delicious. I have high hopes.
![]() |
| Gatsby also has high hopes. |
We ran into a tiny problem with this burger. You see, you are told to gently mix the brown mustard into the beef and then cook the patty. Into the pan they went and crumble they did. Two spatulas were used in order to flip them and they still just exploded in the pan. We thought adding cheese to them would maybe keep them together but it just made them gooey crumbles.
Our thoughts:
Husband: This may be the best burger to date. Great flavor, cheese melted on top, all gooey, holding the mushrooms and tomatoes in place. The only thing that kept his from a 10 was that the fact that it fell apart, due to the mustard being added to the meat. Would be worth to give this another try, just need to figure out how to keep the burger together when flipping.
9.5/10
![]() |
| Husband |
Me: The flavor of the meat was really good and the burger has a whole was delicious. It was sort of like a mushroom Swiss burger on steroids. The gravy added a nice salty flavor, the mushroom/garlic/tomato combination added a nutty garlic flavor and the tomatoes added freshness. As per usual, the lettuce was useless. In this particular instance, the burger was also a little useless. My burger slid off the bun and crumbled on the plate, so I ate it with a fork. The cheese was gooey and nutty and delicious.
8.5/10
I scored mine down more than Husband due to the fact that I am a nutter about messy burgers.
![]() |
| Mine |
![]() |
| Together |
Tune in next week, which will probably happen on either Saturday or Monday because of the Easter holiday. Until then...Keep Sizzlin'.
L xo





No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments/Questions: