Slight change in programming: I've created a post which I will update weekly and link to. It has the links to all of our previous Burger Roulette challenges, and will make it easier to Ketchup: KETCHUP HERE
Quick reminder: Over on the left <--- you can sign up to receive an e-mail when I post. You can also find links to various social media of mine and I link the posts there as well. Feel free to leave comments/likes either here on the blog or on any of the social media. We love to hear from everyone!
This burger promises to be interesting. It starts off all normal with beef but immediately goes to weird when you stuff it with freshly grated ginger before cooking. This is probably going to be set off by some scallions (we couldn't find those so it's green onions for us), a bit of coconut oil, sesame oil, and soy sauce which marinates for an hour before you cook the burger. You heat that up and then add honey to it just before drizzling it on top of the ginger burger. Also my old foe, some sort of lettuce type thing returns in the form of steamed bok choy.
![]() |
| Me when the recipe says honey and ginger. |
The idea of honey and ginger makes me cringe, but I'm keeping an open mind. I've discovered that sometimes sweetness in a burger isn't bad and I've also discovered that ginger can be fun. My mind and palette are open to this burger.
![]() |
| Bottoms up! No, it's honey not alcohol. Shooting honey doesn't sound good. |
The burger:
![]() |
| Husbands |
![]() |
| Mine, with a ginger beer chaser! |
![]() |
| Imagine me and you and you and me, so happy together. |
Our thoughts:
Husband: Bam! This burger is flavorful. Quite a bit of the ginger hits you initially, but once you make it passed the first bite, it mellows out a bit and then the sweetness hits.
7/10
Me: I over poured the sauce which led to a soggy bun, I also over cooked the bok choy slightly so after my two bites, I just pulled it off. Husband is right, the burger was flavorful in a good way. You got the ginger then the honey then the umami from the soy sauce, sesame oil concoction. I would have maybe preferred a bit more onion flavor.
7/10
We also discovered that Gatsby likes bok choy, but only cooked. He didn't like it raw. Weirdo.
![]() |
| Gatsby wants bok choy. |
Also, I like ginger ale and ginger beer, but fresh ginger is still somewhat reminiscent of some sort of cleanser.
Tune in next week for some special guest stars and until then...Keep Sizzlin'.
Tune in next week for some special guest stars and until then...Keep Sizzlin'.
L xo







No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments/Questions: