Welcome back! Last weeks burger was a hot mess of a burger. Mint is joining lettuce in my WHY WOULD YOU PUT THAT ON A BURGER?! list. It's a short list...just you know...the mint and the lettuce. Which is strange considering the fact that we've put fruit, lentils, jam, egg salad etc on burgers...not on the same burger, but on various burgers and yet it's the lettuce and the mint that I find the most offensive.
If you'd like to read that adventure, or any of the other adventures click here to Ketchup. Also feel free to hit us up on any of the social media that I've got linked here, leave comments, like, +, favorite, ♥, thumb up or however you do you. You can e-mail, snail mail, text, send a carrier pigeon or hire a spider to write something in a web (yeah please don't do this because no).
This weeks burger isn't the weirdest burger we've had, but the ingredients are strange for a burger.
Starts out all sorts of normal. Just beef patties with a drizzle of lime juice as they cook. The patties are topped with spicy pepper jack cheese, sliced tomato, and roasted cauliflower. The cauliflower is smashed and mixed with milk, cilantro, a squeeze of lime juice and cumin. Sort of like a burger topped with mashed potato...except you know...cauliflower. The part that I'm most eh about is the lime juice. Which is both drizzled into the cauliflower and on the burgers as they cook. The last time we had lime juice on a burger it made it so tender and delicious, so it might be good.
Burger is built as such: Bottom bun, lettuce (which...I think I forgot to buy but we may have some), pepper jack cheeseburger, tomato slice, cauliflower mash and the top bun. Gonna be interesting!
Let's roll!
Burger Time!
![]() |
| Husband's Burger |
![]() |
| Mine |
You might notice that we have guest stars. After 40+ burgers we bought ourselves a little treat, in the form of Bob and Linda POP! figures. They are so adorable and fit in well with the rest of our knickknacks.
Our thoughts:
Husband: Overal this is not a bad burger, but also not great. Surprised I couldn't taste more of the lime, and there was only a bit of cumin and hot pepper cheese. Nothing stood out.
7/10
Me: The burger itself was good, the hot pepper cheese was a great kick and the tomato added a nice brightness to it. But the cauliflower mash, which Husband said nothing stood out in, I found to be drowning in cumin and it turns out I don't care for cumin.
6/10
Gatsby got a little cauliflower mash and some leftover lamb burger from last week. It's how we bribed him to take this photo:
L xo




No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments/Questions: