Obligatory Unspecific Details About Myself Section

My photo
I'm 34. I have one husband, one tiny human, one giant dog, a crazy group of friends, and a whole lotta time on my hands.

Monday, August 7, 2017

Poutine On The Ritz

Hello All,

We're late, we're late, we're late for a very important date. Sorry about the delay in burger, Husband and I hosted a bonfire, cookout, movie night on Saturday and we were not in the mood to do Burger Roulette on Sunday. LAZY!!

Click Here: MASTER KETCHUP, to check out our past burgers. Feel free to contact me, via e-mail, Twitter, Instagram, Google, Snail Mail, Raven, Owl...however you do you, we love hearing from everyone.

Last week's burger, was a delight. Sweet and savory. I did try a Manchego grilled cheese with fig jam and it was...as expected delicious.

This week our burger is inspired by our neighbors to the north: Canada.

O, Canada!

Poutine. This burger is poutined... also it comes with fries similarly poutined. Yaas. So, we start our story with an all beef patty, which is topped with cheese curds and homemade gravy, and Ritz crackers. A specific bun wasn't listed, so we opted for a brioche bun. 

Then there are fries, which are deep fried (we cheated by using frozen fries) but we did blanch them and then finish them, as we were told. The fries are topped with a spice blend of paprika, cayenne pepper and black pepper, before being covered in cheese curds and smothered in that same homemade gravy. 

Guys. Husband and I have in fact had poutine before, and it was DELICIOUS, so we were pretty stoked to give this recipe a whirl. 

And whirl we did. 

Look at this! Look! 

Are you serious? YES!

Mine



Husbands


Our Thoughts:

Husband:  My wife made the right call, the brioche bun was perfect for the gravy (Editors Note: Someone mark that on the calendar please? I'm rarely right.) This burger is terrific, fairly simple, but it is very tasty. The gravy is great on top. The cheese curds were cool and nice. 

This was a double whammy with a pre-designated side and of course, more GRAVY, but with a kick!

9.5/10

Me: Well, yes. This burger was delicious. The cheese curds melted up and did that stretchy thing that cheese does. The gravy was really good. The crackers...well, they added an interesting texture but I'm not sure why they were there, apart from adding to the pun of the title. The brioche was a good choice (I MADE THE RIGHT CALL YAY ME), it was dense enough to compliment the gravy but a little bit sweet which worked well. 

The fries were...well to be honest they were pretty high on the heat level. We maybe put a bit too much spice mixture on them, but the flavor was good. The fries were crispy, spicy, and the curds helped cool them SLIGHTLY. I'm glad that I tasted the burger before the fries or it would have been difficult to rate the burger. 

9/10 
(Would have been higher had I not lost the feeling in my mouth)

I would absolutely try this burger again. I hope we do. 

Tune in next week for our next round and until then...Keep Sizzlin'. 

L xo

PS: Gatsby was into it:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions: