Obligatory Unspecific Details About Myself Section

My photo
I'm 34. I have one husband, one tiny human, one giant dog, a crazy group of friends, and a whole lotta time on my hands.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

A Good Manchego Is Hard To Find

Hello!

As per usual, you can check out our Master List to ketchup on our past burgers. Feel free to subscribe to the blog, or check out my linked social media accounts. Leave comments, likes, +'s, e-mail, snail mail, send a raven, however you roll, roll. Give us a shoutout! (Yes I totally copy and pasted that from last week. No, I do not feel shame.)

Guys! Guys! Guys!

Last weeks burger was sort of a let down, not it's fault, mine. I had high expectations and they just weren't met. Which does not bode well for this weeks burger because my expectations are through the roof. The highest roof.

Currently, in my kitchen is a tiny, little, baby Crockpot filled with peeled, thinly sliced shallots caramelizing until they are delicious, golden brown, sweet and nutty. Guys! Guys! Guys! I am too excited. We had considered inviting our most willing friends over, but when I read that there were caramelized shallots, I knew that the wifely half of that couple (the best half, obviously) would never go for it. She hates onions and onion like things, she especially hates them caramelized. So, we are in fact on our own for this burger. Which I think is fine because I expect some satisfied noises that might be embarrassing to make in mixed company.

Caramelized shallots do not a burger make. Beef a burger makes. So, we've got beef and caramelized onions. We also have Manchego cheese coming to the party. Now, neither I, nor Husband have ever eaten Manchego so we Googled. It's cheese made from sheep milk (new to both of us). I can roll with that. And then...guys, and then...we are going to top it with a healthy helping of fig jam.

Ever since discovering the Gucci Kroger (fancy) I have been eyeing fig spread which happens to be stationed very near the cheese section. I have wanted to try it, but didn't dare buy any and then this burger popped up, so off to Gucci Kroger we went. We got our Manchego cheese and our fig spread (along with the rest of our groceries) and I skipped out of the store excited for the burger.

Omnomnomnomnomnomnom
The one black mark (there is always one, isn't there?) is that this also calls for lettuce, and you should all know by now how I feel about the lettuce on burger situation. This specifically calls for Arugula, which I find less offensive sometimes than other lettuces.

Let's do this! Baaaaa....

Fig jam...has seeds in it. My first taste, minus burger, I found it delicious but crunchy. I was not entirely sure how that was going to go down.

Seeds

The Burger:


Mine. Look at those shallots. Look at them!




Husband's

Our Thoughts:

Husband: This week mixed it up. For starters, this is the first time I have had fig jam and on a burger no less. This strangely worked. The cheese, arugula, shallots. Very fancy. 

9/10

Me: This is a pretty classy burger. The Manchego cheese was a special kind of nutty that practically begged for the sweetness of the fig jam. The shallots were both sweet and nutty. The lettuce, once again...just eh. I firmly believe that Manchego, with fig jam on the inside, would make like...the most baller of grilled cheeses. And since I have both of those things, I might try that this week sometimes. Also might try a peanut butter and fig jam sammie.  

9/10 (would eat again)

Gatsby was pretty all in too.

I would be totally okay with you giving me some of that.

Tune in next week for our next adventure. Until then...Keep Sizzlin'.

L xo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions: