Obligatory Unspecific Details About Myself Section

My photo
I'm 34. I have one husband, one tiny human, one giant dog, a crazy group of friends, and a whole lotta time on my hands.

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weenie Yellow Polka-Dot Zucchini (Update with Score)

Hello Burger Loves!

Last week got away from us and we have some guests coming down for the eclipse tomorrow so tonight is Burger Roulette! Also today I made Phases of the Eclipse Cupcakes

Nothing I can say, total eclipse of the cupcake.


You can Ketchup on our past posts by clicking here: KETCHUP ALL THE THINGS!! Feel free to send a raven, owl, e-mail, or snail mail. Like it, comment on it, + it, 👍 it. We love hearing from everyone.

My initial reaction to the idea of this burger was not one of positivity. I'm not a huge fan of zucchini. It's not necessarily zucchini's fault, perhaps I don't cook it correctly, but it doesn't seem to have much flavor. Also the texture is off putting to me. I didn't mind the zucchini muffins that I made, but raw zucchini, which this burger calls for is ehhhhhhhh inducing.


BURGER



These burgers aren't usual burgers, they are itsy bitsy teeny weenie beef sliders. The zucchini is sliced into rounds and then sautéd and added to the top of the cooked burger. Then a condiment of sorts is made with plain yogurt, yellow bell pepper, and dill. The book recommended brioche slider buns but when we couldn't find those, we bought pretzel slider buns instead.

The recipe also recommends sweet potatoe fries, with a little salt on them so that's what we will aim for. I didn't mind the sweet potato chips we made a few weeks ago, but I have not typically been a fan of sweet potatoe fries. Also can anyone tell me what one is supposed to dip them into? Ketchup is all wrong, even spicy ketchup seems off. The yogurt sauce might be given a whirl tonight.

Now we bite the bullet and give the burger a try!

Husband and I worked in tandem this week to bring you the Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weenie Yellow Polka-Dot Zucchini Burger, or more precisely, several of them.


Mine



Husbands


Our thoughts:

Husband: I was very worried about the yogurt with the addition of dill, but it really calmed the yogurt flavor. Overall pretty good.

8/10

Me: The burger wasn't bad. The dill mixed with the yogurt was really good. The addition of the yellow bell pepper gave it a pleasant sweetness, plus an additional crunch and freshness that I found really good. The zucchini was sliced a bit too thin to make much of an impact, my fault, but it wasn't offensive so that was good. This burger's biggest sin is that I just don't think it will be memorable.

7/10

On the upside Gatsby is delighted that he gets a burger patty tonight.

Don't forget me guys. Guys. GUYS!

We hope those of you who will, like us, be viewing the eclipse tomorrow have a wonderful and safe time.

Join us next week for the new installment of Burger Roulette. Until then....Keep Sizzlin'.


L xo





1 comment:

  1. I could maybe re eat this burger. Doesn't sound bad at all, except I've never had zucchini on a burger.

    ReplyDelete

Comments/Questions: