Obligatory Unspecific Details About Myself Section

My photo
I'm 34. I have one husband, one tiny human, one giant dog, a crazy group of friends, and a whole lotta time on my hands.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

I Heartachoke You

Hello All-

Husband and I have been busy bees on the weekends, prepping one of our guest rooms for an almost entire do over. Also I have been obsessed with getting French Macarons correct (I still haven't, but I've gotten better so I count it as a win!). As such, we are both tired on Sunday. We may adjust days from time to time, but we always do Burger Roulette. We intended to do this yesterday, but the power went out for almost 7 hours, including dinner making time and we live in a house that makes it impossible to cook when you have no power.

7 hours Louise. 7. 



Apologies and explanations done. You can Ketchup on our Burger-nannigans here: Master Ketchup. Feel free to give us a shout out on any of the social media you may follow me on, or shoot us an e-mail or comment on the blog or go full Game of Thrones and send a raven, you could also try smoke signals, but uh...I don't read smoke signals so they might get lost in translation. Regardless of how you do it, we love hearing from people.

Last weeks burger/fry combo was pretty spectacular, if a little hotter than we'd intended. This weeks burger is completely different, which to be honest is a really fun aspect of Burger Roulette.

It's a beef patty, with garlic and salt and pepper mixed in. Topped with a sauce made of garlic, artichoke hearts, stewed tomatoes, oregano, thyme, marjoram, pepper, and wee bit of Parmesan cheese. Oh and much to my delight, all of that is placed on an onion bun. Yaaaas.  It might be a little messy, but it sounds like it will be worth it.

Since today is a work day and since this burger was pretty easy, I made it myself. So it was ready, albeit slightly cooled by the time that Husband strolled into the house.

The burgers:
Husbands

Mine

They Heartachoke Each Other

Our thoughts:

Husband: I was very worried about the artichoke, and boy was I proven wrong. The combination of cheese, artichoke, tomatoes, it was just a really good flavor.

9/10

Me: Well... Let's go with the good news. This was basically like a fancy steak sandwich. The garlic, and herbs (oregano, thyme, marjoram) worked so well with the tomatoes, artichokes and cheese. However, it was so messy and so wet that my poor onion bun was wasted! Wasted, I say! It got so soggy that I just couldn't eat it, but I peeled it off the bun and ate the rest of it. My poor onion bun! The flavors were so good that I would attempt this again, but I would probably blend the sauce and add more cheese to thicken it. 

8/10 

Gatsby was into it, but he couldn't have any tonight. He was sad.

But, it smells good, why can't I have it?

Join us next week, which may or may not be any day Saturday-Tuesday. We will try to get ourselves together better. Until then...Keep Sizzlin'.

L xo





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions: