Ketchup on our adventures here: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. How many people are irritated with that pun? Too bad, I like it.
Originally, we were planning to have this burger yesterday, but due to unforeseen circumstances, namely the absence of a backdoor for most of the day, we postponed it. There is a door there now, thankfully.
This burger is simple on it's face. The meat is just ground chuck, seasoned and cooked up. The topping is what makes it totally, allegedly, radish. The 'ish' is actually a good add on there, as 'ish' is just about how I feel about it. The topping is crème fraîche, grated cucumber, grated radish, and fresh dill. The recipe didn't call for salt &/or pepper, but as we've learned previously, at the very least salt is usually a required guest at the burger roulette party.
And now the pics:
![]() |
| Husband's burger |
![]() |
| Closed and ready to eat |
![]() |
| My burger |
![]() |
| Due to difference in burger size (my fault) I trimmed my bun down. It has a little hat. |
Husband: I think this is the strangest combination of ingredients to date. It was overall a good burger and now I can say I've had crème fraîche on a burger.
7/10
Me: Husband had trouble describing the burger, he said very little about it, which was telling to me. It wasn't nearly as terrible as I had anticipated when I mixed up the radish mixture that went on top. It was creamy and savory, but my radishes were not very potent, not the fault of the burger, they just weren't. It was a fresh feeling burger, not heavy or laden with oil, cheese or bacon, so in that respect I liked it. For me, the Texas Chainsaw Massa-Curd is still my favorite burger, this one is by far my least favorite.
5/10
We also got the opportunity to watch Bob's Burgers, while we made our way through the burger this week, which added a bit of fun to it.
![]() |
| The potatoes were superb, the burger was not horse. |
Once again, feel free to leave comments if you have them and let me know you're out there. Until next week, Keep Sizzlin'.
L xo






No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments/Questions: