Ketchup here: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. OMG 8 burgers into Burger Roulette and we have our first crack.
You can input your e-mail address to the left (I think) and it will automatically e-mail you when I post. Plus I opened the comments (I think) so you can leave comments as well.
This burger wasn't much of a burger at all, more like a patty made of peas. I've never made a 'veggie' burger before, and I get it, vegetarians, I get it. But, not completely. This was onions, black eyed peas, sweet peas, mushrooms all chopped up, mixed with sriracha (it called for hot sauce and that's what we had) and Japanese panko crumbs, along with our friends salt and pepper (there was a joke here, but my friend J veoted it on the basis that he is no fun and also 😛). At the very least, it was pretty once it was all made up:
![]() |
| It looks like a burger |
In it's 'raw' form, which is that it was cooked just not crisped, it was not tasty looking:
![]() |
| "Rawr" (Do peas roar?) |
![]() |
| Pretty standard looking 'burger' |
![]() |
| Husband's lettuce got out of control a bit. |
Now, here are our thoughts (gird your loins it's going to be interesting):
Husband: The best part of this burger is the lettuce, tomato and the onion. The sriracha tries to cover the flavor of the peas and only mildly succeeds at that.
3/10
Me:

I wasn't the first to crack! Husband ate far less of his burger this time than I did. WOOOOO. I WIN. BOOYAH.
Okay, actually I think we maybe both lost this one. I was relatively all right with the taste of the 'burger', I was good with the part of the burger that crunched, but the middle part which was basically mush was just...no. Even after we added our favorite condiments (the book told us we could) it didn't really help. I'm happy I tried this, but I don't feel the need to revisit again. It was edible, but that doesn't mean we should have.
5/10
So, this burger wasn't exactly a hit, the frozen pizza we are currently eating is a sign of that, but we will continue on. Come back next week when we hopefully have a better burger to report on. Until then, Keep Sizzlin'.
![]() |
| Here's a picture of the sunset that I took to cheer myself up. |
L xo






No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments/Questions: