For those of you just tuning in, feel free to ketchup here: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.
Now on to the burger for this week. Sweaty Palms, that doesn't sound appetizing at all, not even a little, but we live and die by the rules so, we suited up, went grocery shopping and returned with all (some) of the ingredients for the burger. Heart of palms, artichoke hearts, Kalamata olives, green olives, garlic, a Serrano, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, freshly grated Parmesan cheese and of course burger patties and a nice brioche bun.
The burgers were seasoned and cooked on the stove, nothing overly special. The magic happened in my food processor. We drained the heart of palms and the artichoke hearts and put them in the bowl along with both olives (we didn't need to drain them as we'd gotten them from the olive bar), the garlic, the balsamic and the olive oil. Now, the recipe called for basil (which I loathe and Husband isn't overly keen on either) but the grocery store was completely out, thank you middle of nowhere. They had a fully stocked olive bar, but not a leaf of basil insight, so we opted to put a little dash of oregano in as the great and powerful Internet told us that would be suitable.
![]() |
| Heart of palm looks like chubby string cheese. |
![]() |
| So, it sort of resembles cat food when it's all blended up. |
Once the burgers were cooked, we melted the Parmesan on top, and built the burger. Bun, burger, Chunky But Spreadable™ Sweaty Palms mixture, top bun. Still it didn't look appetizing:
![]() |
| Young Love. |
![]() |
| Tina and Jimmy Jr Forever! (Seriously, that mixture is not cute) |
![]() |
| Ran it through a filter, still not cute. |
This week, because we had a busy weekend of painting our living room (It is now gray) and going Christmas tree shopping (we got lovely Fraser Fir that I'm affectionately calling Firdinand, because he is a fir, get it?) we were forced to push Burger Roulette to today, which meant we got to call up Bob's Burgers, and watch while we ate.
![]() |
| Blurry makes it cuter. |
Our thoughts:
Husband: With the first bite you are hit with a strong flavor of olives, but quickly balances out with some heat from the Serrano, mellowed by the Parmesan. If anything, the tapenade is unique, and overall tasty on a burger. Here is to something new!
8/10
Me: I like Husband's enthusiasm! It may have looked like cat food, but it was really good! It ranks right up there with my favorite burger the Texas Chainsaw Massa-Curd Burger. At first, I was all like 'nah, I am not eating that no', but then I was like 'wait, so okay this works'. The olives are briny and work well with the palm and chokes, the Serrano adds just the right amount of zip and the Parmesan adds a nice salty touch. We didn't miss the basil, actually we might have preferred it without the basil. I saved some of the Chunky But Spreadable™, because I think it might be good on a cracker, I'll try that out tomorrow. All in all, this was good. Definitely my second favorite of the burgers.
9/10
Come back next week for our next episode of Burger Roulette. Until then, Keep Sizzlin'.
L xo







No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments/Questions: