As per usual, you can check out our Master List to ketchup on our past burgers. Feel free to subscribe to the blog, or check out my linked social media accounts. Leave comments, likes, +'s, e-mail, snail mail, send a raven, however you roll, roll. Give us a shoutout!
Last weeks burger left me feeling very:

This week I miiiiight fair a little bit better.
It's beef. Already, I'm on board. Beef, salted, peppered, cooked like we normally do. It's topped with melted gooey muenster cheese and mushrooms sautéed in butter (Editors note: butter really is the best thing ever!). This burger once again brings back my nemesis: lettuce. I hasten to add that I love salads, in fact I had a big ol' salad for lunch, packed with lettuce. But, for me putting lettuce on a burger doesn't, or hasn't in the past added to the burger and it makes the lettuce pithy. No one likes pithy lettuce. No one. I took a poll.
We also have an old friend coming in, possibly to save/wreck the day. Ketchup. Actual ketchup. No pun intended to make you laugh as you click the link to go back and review past posts. Ketchup. Actual tomato ketchup. I love ketchup. I've missed ketchup on these burgers. That being said, I would have thought that mayo rather than ketchup would be the condiment of choice here, but what do I know? Here we go! Hold on to your buns!
The Burgers:
![]() |
| Mushroomies |
![]() |
| Husband and piranha plant |
![]() |
| Mine and piranha plant |
Our Thoughts:
Husband: This combination just works! Not sure what to add other than, until now I have never had muenster on a burger, and the muenster is good.
9/10
Me: First of all, this burger was probably one of the easiest we've had so far. The muenster was nutty and melty and stretchy and full of yay! It was so good. The ketchup, which I had doubts about worked well, it brightened up the heavy burger, but I still think mayo would be another good option. Also, caramelized onions would have maybe been super awesome... but then I think that adding caramelized onions to most things is a good idea (sorry Kenzie). As per usual, I took 2 bites...actually 3 and then peeled off all the foliage.
8/10
Tune in next week for our next wild adventure, until then...Keep Sizzlin'.
BONUS:
The recipe didn't call for a side dish, so we decided we would make our favorite pasta salad. It's so colorful! Has lots of veggies as well as fresh mozzarella. Works great in the summer when it's so hot you don't want to eat anything. Yum!
![]() |
| Pasta Salad |
Also Gatsby got a miniature burger, minus the cheese and mushrooms and bun, but he really would have rather had a bite of ours!
![]() |
| Droooooooool! |
The piranha plant is courtesy of our friend...(Hi Kenzie) who painstakingly made them as center pieces for her wedding .... years ago! We stole one and it was the closest thing we had to a monster/muenster laying about, so thanks K!






Yummy, I think Mayo would have been good also, caramelized onions too
ReplyDelete