Last week didn't go so well for me, and this week doesn't look good either. When Husband drew the burger, he exclaimed from the kitchen: "Oh, you are going to hate this!"

But first....
You will all remember that off to the left you can follow the blog by e-mail, or find various social media ways to connect with the blog or myself. Feel free to leave comments, like, heart, favorite, or + the post, we love to hear from you.
⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦
This burger doesn't really have anything I would consider weird. Unusual perhaps. Not enjoyed by me, definitely. It's actually a really simple burger, 5 ingredients, plus salt and pepper. That's like the least amount of ingredients we've had thus far. It's beef. It's topped with sautéed yam slices (we looked it up and sweet potatoes and yams are the same thing), along with some bacon, candied with brown sugar. Super simple.
I have stern objections to bacon on a good day, and typically I am permitted to chop the bacon so it is distributed more evenly, but this recipe specifically calls for slices. Also, I'm not really a fan of sweet on a burger. It's been okay, especially when mixed with something spicy, but it's not a favorite. Also, I am one of those freaks of nature that just doesn't get sweet potato fries. My mind just can not wrap itself around them, and since this is essentially a burger topped with sweet bacon and sweet potato, I am not overjoyed. I predict that I will think..."Well, it's not that bad, but I would have preferred the bacon not candied."
In addition, the instructions state that condiments such as ketchup, mustard or any standard condiment could be used. That's not an instruction we get very often, but the idea of putting ketchup on top of this is not sitting well either. Maybe...spicy mustard (which will give me the heat to offset the sweet)...or mayo (which will be creamy without much in the way of flavor).
-----------------------------------------------------
The Burger: There was a tiny smoke issue, which is why the pictures look like they have the Barbara Walters filter on them.


Gatsby was very very very interested in this burger. Very.

Our thoughts:
Husband: The candied bacon was very crispy and sticky, all at the same time. The yams don't really stand out, but nothing really stands out from this burger. No wow factor, but wasn't bad.
8/10
5/10
We will be taking a temporary break because of the July 4th holiday. At least one week, and depending upon what our plans turn into, possibly two. Tune in next time, and until then...Keep Sizzlin'.
Lxo
PS: Gatsby got bacon, sweet potato and part of my burger. He could not be happier.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments/Questions: