I am riding a high from last weeks pickle explosion and my very first 10, which puts this week's burger into a terribly awkward situation.
You will all remember that off to the left you can follow the blog by e-mail, or find various social media ways to connect with the blog or myself. Feel free to leave comments, like, heart, favorite, or + the post, we love to hear from you.
⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦
This week's burger, in case you hadn't guessed has mushrooms in it. Button mushrooms to be exact. It's beef and mushrooms, two things that go well together, but then things go a little bit off the rails. The mushrooms are sautéed with peanut butter. (Tire screech). Then coconut milk (uh....what now?) is added along with curry powder, turmeric, salt, paprika, and cayenne. The beef is mixed with garlic and cooked as usually before being put on a sesame seed bun and topped with lettuce and mushroom/peanut butter/coconut milk/spice sauce and then consumed...
I gotta be honest. What? What is happening? On what planet do those spices go into coconut milk, peanut butter and...mushrooms? Sometimes I think the people who wrote this book were high as kites. No judgements....
Here we go, folks.
First up, here is the mushroom/peanut butter/coconut milk/spiced sauce thing:
![]() |
| Yeah.... |
![]() |
| Nope. |
![]() |
| Uh.... |
Our thoughts:
Husband: Before I take a bite, I'm reminded that this has warm peanut butter in it, and Gatsby can definitely smell it, as he is tight in tow.--- So, on to the burger, the first thing you taste is the peanut butter, but that is quickly covered up with the heat from the cayenne. Strange but okay.
7/10
Me: My first thought is no. The smell is not good. Also, the color doesn't make it anymore appetizing. After my actual two bites, I find that it's not as bad as you'd think, but it's not great. The peanut butter, for me, is super off-putting. Tumeric is like the glitter of the food world. It seems like a good idea, but you can never get it off of anything. Everything is neon yellow, including but not limited to my countertop. Sort of like if an Ecto-Cooler exploded all over the kitchen. I wasn't really able to finish mine.
3/10
Also, Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there, most especially my father-in-law and my dad, who reads this blog every week!
Tune in next week for our next adventure, which hopefully will not include any peanut butter. Until then...Keep Sizzlin'.
Tune in next week for our next adventure, which hopefully will not include any peanut butter. Until then...Keep Sizzlin'.
L xo
PS: Gatsby was very interested:






No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments/Questions: