Obligatory Unspecific Details About Myself Section

My photo
I'm 34. I have one husband, one tiny human, one giant dog, a crazy group of friends, and a whole lotta time on my hands.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Pickle My Funny Bone

Hello everyone!

This weeks burger guys...guys....dudes. Before we get to this weeks burger, let's just do a quick review.

⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦

Over to the left you will find the following: A link to type in your e-mail and get e-mail updates each time I post, a permanent link which contains links to every single burger blog we've done thus far, links to Twitter, Insta, and a button to + on Google +. Feel free to comment here on the blog by clicking POST A COMMENT.  I moderate any comments that come in, so it may not show up straight away.

Also, last week due to a different location for Burger Roulette, I had some technical difficulties regarding the post. For some reason the formatting was all confuzzled, but once I realized it (thanks to an e-mail from my Aunt Karen) I tried to fix it. Hopefully, no problems will happen this week.

That is one giant jar of pickles....

This weeks burger makes me unbelievably excited. I love pickles. Dill...not sweet. I have no room in my life for sweet pickles, we've been over this...how dare you ask. DILL PICKLES!!!

This is a beef burger topped with lettuce (hiss hiss), pickles coated in Old Bay, red pepper flakes, flour, cornmeal and egg...and deep fried, along with a special mayo...which is obviously mayonnaise with hot sauce and a smattering of ketchup.

First of all, can we talk about how this week we get a condiment? I love weeks when we get condiments.  Let's get on with it!!!!!!!!!




(Editors Note: I inserted those pictures all at the same time and apparently that makes them lump up. I kind of liked it so I'm going to give it a go for a week.)


Our thoughts:

Husband: This burger may make me rethink putting pickles on a burger, as I normally put them on a burger. The spicy mayo was a nice touch and the red pepper flakes on the pickles were very good.

8.5/10

Me: Well, butter my bottom and call me a biscuit. I have never been sure of deep fried pickles. I tried them once years ago and didn't much like them, but these were good. The coating was super crunchy and the pickles were crisp. The coating had a really nice flavor, and a bit of heat. The tang of the pickles and the tang of the hot sauce in the mayo really worked for me. Basically, I loved this. Like... I want to eat this all the time.

For the first time, I almost wish that I had made a second burger. We did make a few extra pickles, in case we screwed up somewhere along the way and those were good, dipped in a bit of the sauce. The heat, tang, and burger were a savory dream. The textures crisp, crunchy, and creamy were sort of perfection. I didn't even bother to pick off the lettuce. It's for this reason that... I'm giving this burger... the highly coveted but never before given:

10/10

I'll wait while you clutch your pearls in surprise. ------------------ Are you okay? You're good? Good.

Tune in next week for our next adventure, see if we can't coax another ten out of one of us. Until then...Keep Sizzlin'.

L xo





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions: