Obligatory Unspecific Details About Myself Section

My photo
I'm 34. I have one husband, one tiny human, one giant dog, a crazy group of friends, and a whole lotta time on my hands.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Chèvre Which Way But Loose

Hi guys!

Today's burger has the potential to be super baller!

If you need to Ketchup, you may do so here: First Twenty, 21.

Lucky number 22 was ushered in with shouts of glee from both Husband and myself. It welcomes the return of our beloved chèvre cheese! 😍 It also required a trip to Gucci Kroger (fancy Kroger that I love) and a trip to the meat store (which Husband loves). Yesterday was a good day, especially for two people who generally don't enjoy shopping.


I mean...same!


This burger...it doesn't call for just plain chèvre cheese. Of course it doesn't. That would be silly. It calls for some herbaceous chèvre cheese. So along with a log of chèvre, we purchased fresh sage, rosemary and thyme (what no parsley? Simon and Garfunkle are displeased with the lack of parsley). Actually, since these recipes generally make 4 burgers and we reduce it to two burgers, I purchased something called poultry blend, which is all three but we don't end up with leftover herbs. Also a dash of oregano.


About to go into the fridge and marinate in it's herbiness. (It's a word. I just made it up.)



So we've got chèvre and herbs...we've also got a little mayo mixed in with that, along with diced cucumbers and tomatoes (which is like a fresh version of a normal ketchup, pickle, mayo burger).

The burger itself is just beef, but we're gonna mix some garlic all up into it, along with some salt and pepper. Then the burger is built: bottom of a Vienna (Kaiser Roll) bun, garlicky beef patty, our beloved herbed chèvre, a slice of red onion (omg), a bit of sliced cucumber, top of a Vienna (Kaiser Roll). Boom. Done. The weirdest part of this burger is the fresh cucumber and that's a weirdness I can get behind.

Allegedly, the chèvre mixture is good on bagels, so I bought some bagels yesterday too!

BURGER TIME!!!

Toppings for the win!
My burger
Husband's burger
Dressed up and fancy.

Our thoughts:

Husband: The onion may have over powered the burger. The chèvre and tomatoes and cucumbers just didn't hit that high of a note for me. It was okay, just not great.

7.5/10


Me: My very first thought was 'wow, this burger has good crunch!' Husband thought the onion was overpowering, I thought it added a nice zip to the creamy chèvre, cucumber and tomato mixture. Plus the fresh garlic in the burger added a lot of extra flavor. I kind of thought everything worked really well together, especially considering that on it's own, the chèvre mix was a bit strong for my tastes. This would be a great burger to serve in the summer, as it's really crisp, fresh and creamy.

8.5/10



Gatsby certainly seemed interested in it.

Tune in next week for our next adventure, until then, Keep Sizzlin'.

L xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions: