Obligatory Unspecific Details About Myself Section

My photo
I'm 34. I have one husband, one tiny human, one giant dog, a crazy group of friends, and a whole lotta time on my hands.

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Plymouth Roquefort

HAPPY THANKSGIVING WEEK!

Sorry that we skipped last week, we were busily painting our guest room, so that my parents would have a place to sleep. We started the project but got behind, as you do, so we're down to the wire now.

If you want to read our first 50 burgers (dude, 50), Ketchup here. As always, feel free to communicate with us, we love hearing from everyone!

Speaking of my parents... They are visiting this week. We decided to greet them with Burger Roulette, I'm 80% sure they will not be as delighted by this as we are. This burger is sort of like Thanksgiving on a bun. Or...well. Here we go.

It's starts out normal, with a twist. It's not beef, it's turkey. It's a Thanksgiving burger, of course it's turkey. I can already hear my mother say she won't eat it and she is not even in the state yet. :-)

So, we mix in some yellow onion, and green apple, along with an egg and cook up the burgers. But, you can't just eat a plain burger, you've gotta have stuff on it.

You want a condiment? I got one. We are going to burst some cranberries. I can already hear my father say he won't eat it and he is not even in the state yet. :-) To burst a cranberry, one must put it into a saucepan with water and sugar and boil until the cranberries pop open and the liquid reduces.

When the burgers are almost finished cooking, we are going to pour those burst cranberries all over that turkey burger and let the burgers soak up all that cranberry goodness.

You want cheese? Of course you do, you saw the name of this burger, you know what's what. It's Roquefort cheese, crumbled on top of the burger. I can already hear my mother say she won't eat it and she's not even in the state yet. :-) Did I already say that? It sounds familiar.

This burger says to put it on cranberry walnut wheat buns, we couldn't find buns, but we found cranberry walnut bread, so we got it sliced and are going to use that. I can already hear my father say he won't eat it and he's not even in the state yet.

This one also comes with a side of sweet potato fries, which if you like sweet potato fries, more power to you, but I can already hear myself say I won't eat it and .... well, I am in the state, but not the right state to eat sweet potato fries. *sigh* but I will try one or two because that's the deal.

Once it's built, it goes: slice of cranberry walnut bread, boston lettuce (WHHHHYYYYY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME?), the cranberry glazed, apple stuffed turkey burger, a few popped cranberries (for fun, I guess), crumbled Roquefort cheese, another slice of the cranberrrry walnut bread. A side of sweet tater fries.

Any number of people that will be in this house have strong objections to one or more of the ingredients, so this should be HIGHLY entertaining!

Here we go:

The Burgers:





Our faces, before biting were full of hope:



Our faces after were...well...we were unable to photograph it as we were all...well.

Our thoughts:

L Dad: For the past week, I have been dreading the thought of lamb burgers. To my delight we actually had turkey. Delight short lived as I bit into it for the first bite and the decline continued from there. All ingredients were equally offensive except the turkey. (Editors Note: He said the turkey burger was cooked perfectly.

4/10

L Mom: (Pre-Burger) I, Scared!! :-( (After) First bite was absolutely bad. Second bite just as bad, maybe worse! Cranberry sauce was delish. Burger moist, bread was wonderful, the cheese was awful.

3/10 (And you're lucky to get that)

Husband: The second bite is better than the first, it's unique and has every aspect of Thanksgiving. [As well as Easter with Roquefort cheese baaaa!!!]

7/10 (Editors Note: He is straight trippin'.)

Me: I. Can. Not. Even! My first bite was...it brought tears to my eyes. My mom laughed at my face, desperately trying to get to her phone to snap a photo, but the the horror I was experiencing hit her and she was unable to get to her phone. HARD NO! The bread was good, I may have cinnamon toast with it in the morning. The cranberries were fine, I like cranberries. But, Roquefort cheese tastes like how I imagine the inside of my mom's shoe tastes. Just. HARD NO. GUYS. NO. 

4/10

Gatsby happily posed for a photo, and we rewarded him with a sausage patty.



We will probably take a break again next week. Until then...Keep Sizzlin'.

L xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions: