We're coming off of parnsips covered in lavender, so I was hoping for a nice somewhat normal burger. Ha!
If you want to find out what that ↑ is about, you can Ketchup on our adventures thus far, here: Click Me If You Want To Read The Other 42 Burgers. After today's burger, we will only have 28 more burgers to go. Wonder what we will do next? We've thought about going back through, trying the burgers we really loved but weren't quite 10's, taking our initial thoughts and doing them over to see if we could get a higher score. We've considered trying to craft our own pun-burgers, maybe once a month, rather than weekly. We've considered trying a new cookbook, where we try all the recipes. Or we may just call it a day until they come out with The Bob's Burgers Burger Book 2: The Re-Burgering. :-)
This week's burger is.... well... it is a burger. It is ground beef mixed with lovely crumbled feta cheese, thyme and rosemary (No sage? No parsley? This is an outrage! Simon and/or Garfunkel will hear about this!). This is cooked as we normally would. Normal right?
Next, we have a seedless watermelon. That watermelon is cut into a round about the size of the burger patty, salted and placed in a colander for 15 minutes, then the salt is rinsed off and the watermelon is grilled.
When the burger is built it is: bottom bun (kaiser rolls today!), green leaf lettuce (why? This is so unnecessary), your grilled watermelon round (what? what's happening?), the beef patty with the feta and herbs, a bit more crumbled feta, mayo (optional, but we normally opt-in, sometimes to our regret), and then the top bun.
![]() |
| Stacked |
You guys...there is grilled watermelon on this burger. A huge chunk of it. Now, any regular readers of the blog (Hey guys!) will know that I have actually warmed (from an actual chunk of ice to like, a half melty chunk of ice) to putting fruit on my burger. The papaya and mango thing, that was okay. But, the papaya/mango thing was cut up into basically a salsa. This is a round of fruit. It does somehow seem appropriate for Labor Day however.
Here. We. Go.
... Ready For It?
Burgers:
![]() |
| Mine |
![]() |
| Husband's |
Our Thoughts:
Husband: So, let's be honest, we have had a run of pretty 'eh' burgers...and along comes one with GRILLED WATERMELON! Well...that's strange. The grilled watermelon reminds me of a tomato, the sweetness is covered by the saltiness of the feta, but the rosemary and thyme overpower the feta. It's unique and tasty. (Editors Note: Most he's ever written)
9/10
Me: I'm... So, the positives are that the rosemary and thyme are really nice and pleasant. The feta is salty and creamy, the mayo wasn't really noticeable. The watermelon surprisingly was not...as off putting as I would have thought it would be. In fact, I was more annoyed with the lettuce (it's almost always unnecessary) than I was with the watermelon. As Husband said, it was very tomato-esque. It's not terrible. I don't like it, but I don't know why I don't like it. I'm befuddled. I definitely wasn't ... Ready For It.
5/10
Gatsby enjoyed his herbaceous, Feta burger patty as well.
Join us next week for our next installment. Until then...Keep Sizzlin'.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments/Questions: