Welcome back dudes. So, last weeks burger did not go well for me. I didn't particularly care for it, although I was unable to determine why.
Couple of quick things: You can KETCHUP on our past posts by clicking here. We will be taking next week off as we have other plans and will be unable to making a burger. Don't forget that you can follow the blog, or you can check out the various social media I'm connected to, which will keep you up to date on what sort of shenanigans we are up to, and in most cases you don't need to have an account to view my posts. Also, it's mostly Gatsby and my baking experiments, so don't view them if you are either hungry or in want of a cute albeit drooly pet, because you will be just...so jealous. :-)

This week's burger has been hotly anticipated, it is also very simple, but just a little bit odd. It's a beef burger topped with American cheese (totally normal) and a fried egg sunny-side up. Okay...well that's a little...I know it's not that weird, but it's a little odd. To keep the weirdness going, it's of course served on an English muffin with the option of hot sauce (we will take that option because yes) and well...green leaf lettuce....which....
Check back in two weeks for our next installment. Until then...Keep Sizzlin'.
But, I suppose that eggers can't be cheesers......ahahahaha.
Here we go:
Husband and I chose our optional hot sauces, and of course we chose different ones. He went with Franks Red Hot, I went with Sriracha (I am clearly superior).
Our thoughts:
Here we go:
Husband and I chose our optional hot sauces, and of course we chose different ones. He went with Franks Red Hot, I went with Sriracha (I am clearly superior).
![]() |
| Franks |
![]() |
| Sriracha |
Our thoughts:
Husband: Up until now I have accomplished to not have an egg on top of my burger, but no more. I was amazed that it was pretty good, even with the yolk running over the burger. Frank's Red Hot was good on top. Needs pepper, maybe next time.
9/10
Me: Well, I've also never had an egg on a burger and I almost didn't get to have it today either. My egg, lovingly cooked by Husband and despite being allegedly attached with American cheese kept sliding off of my burger patty. After chasing it a few times, I got to bite into it and the yolk went running all over the place. I didn't hate it. The Sriracha was really good on it, the egg was super creamy, the lettuce was of course...dumb. I would try this again. I would maybe sprinkle some extra crispy bacon on top and make it a breakfast burger.
8/10
As a side note, Gatsby is OBSESSED with eggs, as such while we were making these Gatsby was shadowing us pretty closely. Because we are benevolent, we made him his own burger and his own egg. But, he's not spoiled, he had to work for it...by posing:
![]() |
| He'll take his payment in eggs please. |
Check back in two weeks for our next installment. Until then...Keep Sizzlin'.
L xo





No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments/Questions: