Obligatory Unspecific Details About Myself Section

My photo
I'm 34. I have one husband, one tiny human, one giant dog, a crazy group of friends, and a whole lotta time on my hands.

Sunday, August 5, 2018

Romaines Of The Day

Hello Burgerphiles!!

We're back again. With a burger that makes L uneasy. But first: You can KETCHUP by clicking on the Master Link of burgers to the left <~~~~~. You can follow me by e-mail, or on Insta or Twitter also to the left <~~~.



This burger is basically my worst nightmare. I know I say that a lot, but I've got several issues with this one.

It's a pretty simple burger. Beef, with anchovy paste (ISSUE #1) mixed in. It's topped with a Caesar dressing which I homemade and Husband loves but also has anchovy it (ISSUE #2), mayo, Dijon mustard, garlic, lemon juice, Parmesan, Worcestershire sauce (which I learned ALSO HAS ANCHOVY in it, a few years ago) pepper (was not called for but Husband insisted), olive oil.

What do you put Caesar dressing on top of usually? Did I hear you say romaine lettuce? Did I hear that? You would be correct. What does L hate on a burger, besides everything (except I've gotten better)? Did I hear you say lettuce? BINGO. What is on this burger? This burger with anchovy all mixed up in it, is piled with romaine lettuce (WHICH I SHREDDED BECAUSE I DON'T APPRECIATE A BIT SLAB OF WET GROSS ON MY BURGER) and slathered with Caesar dressing. 

Giant slab of wet gross.

Pray for me. PRAY.


So....

On the left is mine with my shredded lettuce. On the right is Husband's with his slab of wet gross.




Husband: 

The Caesar dressing is very good. (Editor's Note: Thank you, I mean I know it was Bob's recipe, but I made it.) The flavor of the anchovy comes through in the burger. It needs something else to go with the lettuce, maybe a tomato...but then it wouldn't be Caesar.

8/10


Me: 

*shifty eyes* So.... It wasn't terrible. Actually, it was pretty good. Maybe not an every day burger, and definitely the shredded lettuce was a must for me, but it was good. The dressing was tangy if a little salty, and as a person who is generally like 'GIMME ALL THE SALT' that's saying a lot. Adding the pepper was a good decision on the part of Husband (Editor's Husband's Note: Thank you.) as it cut through the salt and tang. The dressing also added a really nice creamy component which I think several of the burgers have been missing. The lettuce wasn't offensive to me, I mean, any more than usual. I shredded it and dried it out so that it was just a slab of wet gross. 

I actually disagreed with husband about tasting the anchovy. I tasted salt. Which was kind of good, because when I was squeezing the paste (we cheated and bought store bought because I was terrified of what would happen if I smelled actual anchovies and we had to make a paste out of it anyway, don't judge us!) I got several large whiff's of a somewhat fishy odor. My nose was in permanent wrinkle. But, all together it was pretty decent.

8/10 




It made G drool.


Tune in next time and until then...Keep Sizzlin'.

L xo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions: