Obligatory Unspecific Details About Myself Section

My photo
I'm 34. I have one husband, one tiny human, one giant dog, a crazy group of friends, and a whole lotta time on my hands.

Monday, July 23, 2018

The Final Kraut Down

So....

We were politely reminded a few weeks ago, by some friends of ours (Hello A,H,H+B) that we had yet to finish Burger Roulette.

We adopted a baby, then we sort of liked the baby, and we kind of forgot about Burger Roulette. But with only about 19 burgers left (20 if you count the one that I have absolutely put my foot down about not eating, salmon, no.) we are picking it back up. Finally. 7 months later. In our defense, That Baby™️is really freakin' adorable, also we let her pick the numbers, so she technically helped.

If you need a quick KETCHUP on our other burgers...

Our adventures in Burger Roulette (Here We Go Again) have already begun on shaky ground. We were meant to do a burger last week which included guava jelly. Not finding the guava jelly in our local fancy Kroger, we ordered it from Amazon. (I swear, A,H,H,+B, we were committed to starting Burger Roulette back up.) When it arrived from Amazon, all $14 of it, Husband unwrapped it to find that it was leaky and sticky. He was understandably nervous about eating it, so I contacted Amazon, they refunded us and we decided to choose a different burger. If anyone knows where we might find guava jelly, feel free to comment, or if you know where we live, feel free to send a jar on over.

With guava jelly on the back burner, we moved on. The next burger we drew didn't actually include beef, and Husband already had patties out, so we wrote it down and moved along hoping to circle back. So burger 3 well....

This coffee mug is appropriate for Burger Roulette. Also coffee!

It's beef and it has Swiss cheese, Dijon mustard, and guys....guys caramelized onions. You all know how much I love caramelized onions. So delicious. But, the kink in the hose is that those delicious caramelized onions are mixed with Bavarian sauerkraut. Having grown up in the Midwest and being of good German stock, at least in part, you would think that I would love me some sauerkraut. But...nah. 

In fairness, I've never actually consumed sauerkraut. Now, this Burger Roulette thing is all about being a good influence on That Baby ™️, trying things I've never tried before, maybe finding something I love. Thus, I will be taking my requisite two bites and hoping for the best. In the best, the smell of sauerkraut has turned me off, but as luck would have it, I'm getting over a raging sinus infection and as such the smell isn't really bugging me that much. Husband on the other hand is ALL IN! Wish us luck.


Sauerkraut!

Husband:

Okay, this is one of those burgers that just doesn't seem like it would work, but for some reason it does. It caught me off guard, I wasn't expecting it to be that way. 

8/10

Me:

Well, hold on to your panties. I wasn't thrilled with the idea of sauerkraut, but the caramelized onions and the Dijon mustard worked well with it. It turned out sweet, with a mild sour flavor and a zip from the mustard which was lovely. Caramelized onions continue to be the absolute rock star of the burger world. 

7/10


I would say that our first burger back, was not bad. It was a simple burger, it tasted pretty good. 

Gatsby was interested...
That Baby ™️was more interested in bouncing!
Don't forget you can watch my Twitter timeline over on the left, along with the link to Instagram. There is also a link to our past burgers. Stay tuned for our next burger and until then keep sizzlin'. 


L xo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions: