Obligatory Unspecific Details About Myself Section

My photo
I'm 34. I have one husband, one tiny human, one giant dog, a crazy group of friends, and a whole lotta time on my hands.

Sunday, October 2, 2016

I Challenge Ye

Yesterday, while roaming aimlessly around Barnes and Noble, Husband and I stumbled upon the Bob's Burgers Burger Book.

We are avid watchers of the show, finding it to be a show that is both funny and full of heart. For me, personally, it's that the husband and wife are madly in love with each other and they love each other's weirdness. Not to mention their three equally odd children, whom they love and support.

I stood in the aisle at the bookstore flipping through the cookbook which is filled with the burger puns that the show is famous for. Husband mentioned casually that he kind of wanted to give it a try.

Right there in the store we decide to challenge ourselves. Once a week, probably on Sundays we will make one of the burger recipes as it is, just to try it. I thought it would be better if we did it randomly, so I've written the page numbers down and put them into a bowl to draw out once a week.

For those of you that know me, this is going to be... a mess. I love to cook, but I'm weird about food textures and there is a lot of food that I just don't care for. I'm equally nervous and excited about the challenge though.

At the very least I will try new things and maybe find something I do like. Plus bonus: It's something Husband and I can work on together.

Rules:

1. Choose Burger At Random

2. Must Try To Follow Recipe As Closely As Possible (we live in the middle of nowhere so sometimes ingredients are... tough to find.)

3. Must At Least Try The Burger

4. Wife Will Blog Thoughts Each Week (probably Monday)

We're aware that other people have done this, and it seems like a fun thing to do.

I'll try to blog about today's adventure, tomorrow. If Looks Could Kale. That's right, our first burger has kale on it. (so adult)

Bob's Burgers  <~~ Check out the show if you haven't watched it.



Check back tomorrow to see if we followed the rules, or broke them immediately. lol.


L xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions: